Thursday, March 18, 2010

Collage Challenge














Last Friday I challenged the Art Chixs to "paint with paper".

So when they arrived on Friday morning, I had ever type and color tissue paper available waiting on them. They pulled out their mog pog and brushes and got busy on their images. The one to the left was done by my friend Dawn.



She started with an image she had seen in a magazine and a 11 x 14 sheet of watercolor paper. Most of the paper is thrown my hand and applied with mog pog. Some of the tree trunks were cut. Then she went back in when it was dry and out lined a little with a very sharp pen. She had printed the poem on a transparent paper and when she was completely happy with her image, she mog poged the poem on top. I can't wait to see it framed. makes me want to take a walk down that path. She really created great depth by using the colored paper in the right places. Way to go Dawn. I'm very impressed.

No comments: