Monday, May 23, 2011

Portrait workshop










Over the week-end I attended a Portrait workshop at the Spruill Art Center in Dunwoody by Summer Lowe. It was pretty costly but it fit my schedule and I really want to learn more about portrait painting. I figured how much can you really learn in a five hour workshop, right? Well, this woman was amazing. She broke down each step of painting into such basic steps that even some beginner students came out with some amazing portraits. I choose this picture of my mom because it had a lot of lights and darks to work from and it's an amazing picture of her.

I photographed each step as I went along in the workshop. I think the pictures do a better job explaining the process than words can. i can't wait to share this process with my art chix on a Friday.

1 comment:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

u did a beautiful job
hugs
tabitha