Monday, February 15, 2010

Making something Old New again.

This week my challenge to my Altered Art Class was to bring in old jewelry items and turn it into something new. We did add lots of new pieces to the old stuff. I think everyone was pleased with their new pieces.

One of the ladies commented that now she knows why jewelry artist charge so much for their work at shows, "this is a pain in the #x*". I would agree with that statement. Take a look at the quick video and you'll see that we used some neat pieces to create with. So next time you're visiting the flea market, Great-Aunt Betty or a yard sale you may just look at that old piece of jewelry as a treasure not a piece of trash.

If you would like to try to make a few of these goodies at home you need to know a few basic jewelry making steps. You can find those in most beading magazines or this website will give you some of the basics. http://www.makingjewelryfun.com/inst-stretch.htm

Next Week we will begin creating ALTERED ART BOOKS. If you are interested in joining my altered art group, aka art chicks, we meet every Friday at my home in Roswell. We begin at 10 am and go to about 2 pm. The cost is $10 per class and it is pay as you go. Each week we work on different projects that interest the group. The bonus is that we also have lunch together.

If you would like to learn more about this fun group shot me an email at juliecooper@bellsouth.net.

We welcome newcomers with creative minds. My motto is anyone can be creative, you just have to find the thing you enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really wish i lived in Atlanta...this sounds like so much fun! Have a blast and I can't wait to see what you creat.